Friday, August 19, 2011

Nihongo Caravan SY 2010-2011

Last school year (2010-2011), my Nihongo students and I decided to come up with an open-house style culminating activity.  Previously, we've already done a song and dance type of program; for a change, we wanted something that is more interactive.  So we decided we'll just have five booths --- onigiri booth, origami booth, calligraphy booth, yukata booth and a game booth.  Judging by the tons of pictures I have saved on my laptop, this was one huge success.  Thanks to my students and to all who dropped by to show some support.  This is going to be a picture-heavy post, so please be forewarned.  I wanted to show all the images, but it will take me the whole day to load 300++ pictures in one post. 

So here's what made into the final cut:


 I Manga!  Thankfully, Meara has a collection of manga, anime characters and some toys and trinkets.  These were a big hit among the students.
 I want one of those for myself, but where would I put them in my house?  ;-)
 Micah (in green yukata) and her friends had their hands full trying to write the students' names in Katakana.
 Julie and Ayra try to show to the students how to make a crane origami.
 Kat, Dana (in hat) and Pam (in green yukata) demonstrate how to make onigiri, or Japanese rice balls.
 See?  Japanese manga have many fans in Pasig!
 Guess what anime character he is ;-)
 A girl tries to wear a floral yukata.
 Oishii!  Tabetai!!!
 Who's that mysterious guy behind the mask?
 Ms Jha (Filipino / Spanish teacher) becomes a Japanese for a day.
 Ms Beloy (Science teacher), Ms Jha and Ms Joan (Filipino teachers) ---- geisha for a day? Hehehe
 Students try writing in Japanese ink and brushes
 Pretty Cosplayers
 Hanami Sensei + Sir Ephraim (Science teacher) and me
 Francis tries to demonstrate how to do karate while we're busy posing
 Julie demonstrates another onigiri art.
 The boys and the girls turn competitive playing the kendama.  Yatta!
 The Japanese believe that when you combine a thousand cranes, it means good luck, prosperity and longevity.  Check out this article from Wikipedia for more info.
Library in-charge Ate Lita with Kenneth and Rein.  She is wearing the pink yukata which my friend bought for me from Japan.


No comments: